We are looking for an iOS developer for the development and maintenance of an iOS application that will leverage an Azure App Services layer. The first iteration of this app is intended for both a mobile and tablet device. Your primary focus will be development of the iOS application and its integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
Here at Hanger, we pride ourselves on being intelligent and driven, and maintaining a fun-loving environment that makes people comfortable being themselves. While we certainly take our work seriously, we never take ourselves too seriously.
We’re a small but fast-growing technology company located in downtown St. Louis that focuses on empowering people to be successful. We believe in an employee-first company culture where people are not just employees, but team members and friends, because we know that our team members’ success translates to our company’s success. We offer a relaxed and flexible work environment for passionate, driven people.
– Design and build applications for the iOS platform on top of Azure App Services
– Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
– Collaborate with a team to define, design, and deliver new features
– Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
– Help maintain code quality and organization
– Experience working with UX people and teams
– Proficient with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
– Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
– Experience with file storage, threading, and performance tuning
– Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services (Azure) to build native iOS apps.
– Experience with the Azure services platform for building and scaling mobile apps
– Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
– Experience publishing apps to the App Store
– Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
– Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
– Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
– Familiarity with continuous integration
– Experience integrating with popular social media applications
– Experience in an agile development environment as using tools to communicate in the environment (Jira, Slack, etc.)
– Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
We are a tech startup based in St. Louis, Missouri.The Hanger app connects users with their friends’ closets and helps them discover the value that’s already hanging in their own wardrobe. Our mission is to make our users experts in their personal style and inspire confidence in what they wear. Our personal style app learns your style so you dress your best and connects your closet with your friends’ wardrobe so you can share, compare, and always know what to wear. Create outfits on your phone, tablet or laptop using your own clothes, see what your friends are wearing, borrow their clothes and keep track of what you wear.
This is an opportunity to not only build a great mobile app but also impact the architecture, design and technology used to build our mobile applications.
Submit your 140 character cover letter, your resume and portfolio (if applicable).
We’re seeking campus brand ambassadors for a paid internship for the 2016-17 school year to spread the word about our new personal style app, Hanger. The ideal person will be outgoing, motivated, an avid user of the app and excited about what it has to offer.read more
Hanger is seeking a motivated Social Media intern for the fall semester of 2016 who is looking to learn the basics of digital marketing, branding and community building.read more
Imagine being able to say “Alexa, ask Hanger to find a pair of shoes and a small purse to go with my Kate Spade dress for this weekend” and instantly getting recommendations from your favorite brands on your phone or nearest display.