Smell that kiddos?
Ahhh the sweet, sweet aroma of fall is in the air….and that means only one thing: Fall Break/Thanksgiving Break/4 Day Release from College Hell.
No matter what you call it, the combination of family, friends and food—the “f’ing” trifecta of happiness—is near.
Before you get too lost in dreams of turkey and taters, remember you still have to pack. This means packing what you’re going to wear whilst at home AND what you need to rotate out of that pathetic excuse of a closet in your dorm room.
First Things First: Clothes to Wear
Remember you’re not going to Timbuktu. You don’t need everything you own; keep it simple and follow these 2 rules: 1) Bring clothes that maximize your turkey intake 2) Bring clothes that maximize suitcase space. With those in mind, here is your list!
- cute dress for the holiday dinner: yes, you’re just around the fam, but it’s a holiday dammit…get fancy! (and remember, it IS Thanksgiving—flowy dress suggested.)
- a favorite denim: you’re not gone for a lightyear, you can transform the jeans with some great tops.
- great tops!: cozy, oversized sweaters, turtlenecks, and flannel. All in this fall, all winners.
- ONE jacket: you don’t need one for each outfitpick one that compliments all options.
- comfy pants/leggings: you’re eating like a king for almost a week.
*maximum turkey intake *maximum suitcase space 🙂
Second Things Second: Clothes to Take Home / Bring Back
It’s hard to let go, but it’s time to tell your summer garb au revoir. Shorts, sandals, summer dresses, and crop tops—pack ‘em up and take back to mom’s. But it’s ok, it’s scarf season!!!! (Or if you’re like me, the scarves are worn year round; because I’m an adult and I do what I want.)
Here’s the list of what to bring back from your former room turned fitness center (yes, you’re mom has officially kicked you out):
- scarves: obvi.
- cooler weather layering options: jean jacket, khaki jacket, leather jacket. Just bring them all. Don’t forget the cardi(s).
- boots: the big, the bold, the high heeled.
- sweaters: the big, the bold, the warm.
- winter coat: don’t want to freeze your buns off!
There, now the hard part is done. Go back to your turkey day dreaming and enjoy your break! Don’t forget to sign up for the best closet organizing app at www.gethanger.com to help you organized your packing list and new closet!
Take it easy,
Inspire your friends' style by connecting closets and creating outfits on the Hanger app.
Sign up now!
Ashley Klenke - Product Manager, Hanger.io Ashley leads product development for Hanger and works with the design, marketing, and development teams to create a stellar app that evolves with the needs of our users.
Halloween is approaching, the newest season of Walking Dead is about to begin, and I’m in full resolve that the world will indeed end via a Zombie Apocalypse.
Like, no way. The 90s are totally back–in all their glory. The days when Alicia Silverstone’s character Cher was your fashion idol have…
Smell that kiddos? Ahhh the sweet, sweet aroma of fall is in the air…
Back-to-school packing/shopping is a fun, exciting, impossible, and stressful experience wrapped in one little ball of emotion. Shopping-fun. New clothes-exciting. Packing it all in one or two suitcases-impossible. Finding the “in” clothes of the season-stressful.
A morning in my life goes something like this… Get up (aka peel my butt out of bed). Coffee. Hop in the shower. Coffee….
Imagine being able to say “Alexa, ask Hanger to find a pair of shoes and a small purse to go with my Kate Spade dress for this weekend” and instantly getting recommendations from your favorite brands on your phone or nearest display.