We’re excited to have you in the Hanger community! We understand that your information and your privacy is important to you, so we’ve written this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use that information, and what choices you have in regards to that information.
What information we collect
Information you provide or give us permission to obtain
When you sign up for our products, you voluntarily provide certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, the email address you used to sign up along with other optional demographic information related to your account.
As you use our products, you provide GarbShare with information on items you own (or wish to own) which may include a photo of the item, brand, store where the item was purchased, purchase date, purchase price and other information. Hanger stores this item information as well as information on certain usage activity including outfits created, outfits suggested, items borrowed, items shared, items worn and other information.
As with almost every website, mobile application, or other internet-based service, there’s certain information that gets created and recorded automatically. This is true of our products as well. Here are some types of information we collect:
Log data. When you use Hanger, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and cookie data.
Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Hanger on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, and other information depending on what the device provides.
Pixel Tags. In order to collect usage data, we may use “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, “clear gifs” or similar technologies in connection with emails we send to our users. Our use of these technologies allows us to count users who have visited certain pages on our website, to deliver branded services and to help determine the effectiveness of communication campaigns.
How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you, to make them better, to improve performance, to develop and deliver new products or services, and to protect Hanger and our community of users.
We also use the information we collect to deliver customized content. As you provide more information on your purchases, wears, shares, and other information, we will compile and analyze that information to deliver items and information that may be of interest to you.
We also use the information we collect to help your friends and contacts find you on Hanger. Each user’s profile photo, name and username (e.g. @myname) is discoverable within the Hanger application. No further information is shared with other users unless a friend request has been accepted by both users.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send product updates, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your settings, you may receive emails when new features and/or tutorials on new features are available.
- Send activity notifications. For examples, depending on your settings, you may receive email when a user loves or comments on one of your items or outfits, or when a friend wishes to borrow one of your items.
- Respond to your feedback, questions or comments
The information we collect may be personally identifiable (for example your email address or name) or “non-personally identifiable” (for example an item or comment). We collect and use both types of information, and combinations of both, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Hanger does business including countries outside your own.
Your Access and Control Over Information
Once you have registered for your Hanger account, you may manage your information through the account settings page. For example you can:
- Access and change information on your user profile at any time. This includes your name, username, and profile photo.
- Update the email address used during registration as well as opt out or opt in to receive different newsletter and email-based information (for example, new feature alerts).
- Link or unlink your Hanger account from other services (for example, facebook or instagram). You may also choose to whether or not to publish your activity on Hanger on that service (For example, you have the option to publish outfits you have created or items you have added to Facebook).
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we will deactivate the account and your content will not longer will available. Due to the sharing nature of our products, some of your item information may appear in outfits created by friends. Those items will remain in that user’s outfit, but details on the item will no longer be available to others. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Our policy on children’s information
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, which requires use to notify and obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we collect, use or disclose personal information of anyone under 13 years of age.
If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How We Share Information
Hanger provides users with tools to manage their clothing and accessories, to share items and ideas with friends, to track what they wear, borrow, and buy to maximize the dollars they spend on their wardrobe.
Personally Identifiable Information
Your username, name, and profile photo are visible to registered users to allow others to discover you within the application. Your email address provided for registration will NOT be shared with friends or users. There other limited instances where we may share personal information include:
- When you accept another user as a ‘friend’ within Hanger, your posted items and outfits are visible to that friend allowing them to ‘love’ the item, use it to create potential outfits for themselves or suggested outfits for you, request to borrow or leave comments.
- When you choose to share information about your items, outfits, or other activities with other services (like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) when you have linked them to your Hanger account.
- Like many businesses, from time to time, we may engage or hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions (database maintenance, security audit, fraud monitoring, etc). When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide information required to perform their specific function.
- As we evolve our business, we may engage in merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar transactions which require the transfer of information described in this policy.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights or property of the public, any person or Hanger; or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Non-Personally Identifiable and Aggregate Data
In our effort to better understand and deliver solutions to our users, Hanger may conduct research on its customer demographics, color preferences, style preferences and behaviors based on information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis.
Hanger may share this non-identifiable and aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This type of information does not identify you personally. Hanger may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other business related purposes.
We have agreements with third parties and have adopted other security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and/or unauthorized alteration of the information under our control or under the control of our service providers. Although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain free from security issues.
If a security security breach involving your personal information occurs, we will notify you as quickly as possible and consistent with the legitimate interests of law enforcement, or any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity to our systems.
Making Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time and any changes to the policy will be posted to this page. By continuing to use Hanger products after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. Should significant changes occur, we may provide more prominent notice or ask for you content as required by law.
Your access to and use of Hanger products is subject to our Terms of Service.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com should you have any questions.