Your bestie just got engaged and you’re so happy for her, but now the pressure is on to make this the time of her life. ‘OMG what do I do? What do I get her? I have to give her something great. We need to have a party. This has to be perfect.’
After engaged BFF number 3 or 4, you start to get the hang of it. So I’m sharing my advice on how to handle all the excitement and make this the best time it can be for both of you!
The golden rule to gifting your engaged bestie:
Whatever you get her, I recommend not buying her things on her registry (unless it’s something special you know she’ll want from you.) Why? 1. Because your bestie is most likely going to get a little scanner happy when she goes to register at Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel. Thoughts like ‘Of course I need 10 sets of these wine glasses, what if I have a party?’ will cross her mind and will likely guide her decision making as she’s holding all the power in her little scanning hand. And 2. I think it’s best to leave those items to the people that aren’t as close to her. That way, if post-wedding she decides she does not need all those wine glasses, she can return them without returning what you’ve given her.
9 Chic Gifts to get your Bride-to-be BFF
that she’ll LOVE and actually use.
1. Dresses for the million celebrations she’ll have to attend between engagement, the real deal, and honeymoon.
Put together a cute engagement party outfit for her or a bridal shower outfit. Grab a white dress that fits her style, pair it with fun accessories, and throw in something special like #3, #4, or #7.
2. Chucks that sport her new monogram.
3. Jewelry that reps her soon-to-be last name like these hand-stamped initial necklaces by My Selvaged Life on Etsy!
4. A ring dish for her new bling like this one from Fox Blossom Co!
5. A wifey shirt for her honeymoon airplane outfit. New Mrs. status calls for all things wifey and this tee is perfect for the must-have airplane selfie with the hubs as they jet off on their honeymoon.
6. Toasting glasses / Mr. & Mrs. cups – for now, later, and for always. They can use these at any engagement parties or couples showers throughout their engagement and then use them at their wedding.
7. A coffee mug that they can take ring selfies with because let’s be real – this is SO necessary. Thanks, Instagram.
8. A cozy sweatshirt like this one from Shop Mr. Jones on Etsy
9. Okay really, ANYTHING with her new monogram. Monograms Inc. on Etsy has loads of cute stuff.
Inspire your friends' style by connecting closets and creating outfits on the Hanger app.
Sign up now!
Ashley Dolan - Content Marketing Manager, Hanger.io Ashley runs Hanger’s social media, blog, and content creation. She has a strong appreciation for beautifully crafted content, authentic style, and a well-managed closet. She digs the local food scene, cooking, crafting, and styling events.
Here’s to the season of giving! May we all give more than just another gift this year.
I’m ready to go full cable knits, jeans and combat boots and then Mother Nature is like, “Ha! Here’s a 90-degree day for that cute fall outfit you planned to wear today,” and I’m forced to dip back into my summer stuff.
Your bestie just got engaged and you’re so happy for her, but now the pressure is on to make this the time of her life.
Last minute Father’s Day gifts that will also help dad out a little in the style arena. Making style suggestions via gift is much easier than trying to reason with him to change his clothes before leaving the house next time.
You taught me a lot of lessons growing up, like how to use a hammer, how to change my tire, and how to keep the boys away. But of all the lessons you taught me, my favorite is one that no instruction manual could have provided.
If someone called you now and said pack your bags we’re leaving on vacation tomorrow, could you be ready? Or would sheer panic set in because your mind immediately goes to OMG I have nothing to wear? Here’s how Hanger freed me from last-minute vacation-packing panic.
Summer has unofficially begun and that means it’s time to get your summer closet in shape. As you switch your closet over from spring to summer, it’s the perfect time to download the Hanger app!
Hanger wants to empower you, inspire you, and make you the badass you deserve to be so when your alarm goes off Monday morning, you’re ready to take on the week like a badass!
Imagine being able to say “Alexa, ask Hanger to find a pair of shoes and a small purse to go with my Kate Spade dress for this weekend” and instantly getting recommendations from your favorite brands on your phone or nearest display.